- A second opinion and a clear set of eyes is always a good option
- How does it work when we live in Australia?
- Do you need to find the best in the world?
- Are you looking for faster answers?
- Do you just need to learn more about a specific medical condition?
- So who is this available to?
- Who is considered immediate family?
- I need this service but not sure I could qualify - what can I do?
- What's not covered by this service?
- Sounds too good to be true?
- Who is this particularly helpful for?
A second opinion and a clear set of eyes is always a good option
Sapience specialist clients can now access an unusual international medical team called Best Doctors that offer a virtual second-opinion service. This international service has been in existence for 29 years, has 40 million members worldwide and recently was mentioned in the Australian Financial Review on May 23rd, 2017. (Please get in touch if you would like a copy).
In 2015, the US Institute of Medicine released a report stating 'most people will experience at least one diagnostic error in their lifetime'.
In May 2017 The Australian Financial Review reported 'When you emerge from a consultation with your doctor, there is a 10% chance the diagnosis you just received is incorrect', according to a leading international advocate for patient safety.
"Diagnosis can be a challenge when you consider there are 10,000 diseases but only 200 to 300 symptoms," says Dr. Mark Graber, president of the Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine and many people are now using international specialists second opinion services, to increase their own understanding of their health options.
The service connects individuals with global experts to verify that their diagnosis is correct and their proposed treatment plan is evidence-based.
- For an Australian patient, a local team would do a detailed assessment and pull together all medical data relating to the case.
- The pathology would be repeated and the case assigned to an international expert for review.
- The results are shared with the patient and the treating doctor.
- If necessary, a local advisory board would recommend a specialist.
What do you get?
A highly qualified second medical opinion from a world recognised expert in your condition.
- Access to an international network of collaborative leading medical experts
- Specialist review of your diagnosis and treatment plan
- Comprehensive written report for you and your doctor
And the peace of mind that you left no stone unturned and that you're in the best possible position to make informed decisions about your medical situation.
How does it work when we live in Australia?
As most of our health records are now stored electronically, it’s not unusual to find the majority of our records can be electronically accessed from around the globe (with your permission) and this is where the Best Doctors service works well.
- Best Doctors is a second opinion service that can offer a medical second opinion and provide a report to your treating medical professional on your diagnosis.
Do you need to find the best in the world?
If an In-depth Medical Review expert report highlights an overseas treatment option is available, after consultation with your treating doctor, then you can use the service. This helps arrange all aspects of the treatment including hospital admittance, booking the surgeon, flights, accommodation and even a translator if needed.
Are you looking for faster answers?
If you’re seeking answers to questions that don’t need a full review of your medical records, then this is the online service for you. A member of the Best Doctors’ medical team will work with you to make sure you’re asking the right questions. And you’ll receive an expert report within 5–7 days from a leading international expert.
Do you just need to learn more about a specific medical condition?
The service provides access to an online video library which provides an easy to understand overview of over 300 different medical conditions.
So who is this available to?
Clients of Sapience Financial and Investment who have specialist Crisis insurance in place.
Who is considered immediate family?
- You (as our insured client), and
- your Children,
- your Partner, and
- both sets of Parents.
I need this service but not sure I could qualify - what can I do?
If your adult children are Sapience clients and qualify, as their parent you could then have access to the service.
What's not covered by this service?
Emergency second opinions, childbirth complications, and mental health issues. (This is due mainly because a physical and urgent assessment is needed, rather than a review of an already in place diagnosis and review of completed medical reports and assessments in place).
Sounds too good to be true?
Access to this level of opportunity is one of the many benefits of having an ongoing professional relationship with Sapience Financial and Investment Services.
Contact us today and see how you might be able to qualify and how you can use this service to benefit your whole family, at no additional cost.
Who is this particularly helpful for?
- Adult children with aging parents who would benefit from a second opinion on their health or proposed orthopedic surgery etc
- Young parents with children
- Singles with unusual health issues or genetic complications
- Families with additional needs family members
- Separated parents who still want to make sure their children have access to the best second opinions in the world at as cost effective method.
- Anyone who has to make difficult choices about what’s needed now or later
- Anyone who sees the value in having all the information available, before making a decision that affects them and their families future.